Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hello 2013

I'm back!  It was so good to get away to Queensland for a while, and see my family and friends.  This year the weather was perfect, I got back into an exercise routine and it was a really good chance to reflect on the year and relax a bit.  All in all, a great ending to an eventful year.

Photos via Instagram
So what's on for 2013?  Well firstly, I am not making any new years resolutions!  My theory is that if I wanted to change an aspect of my life badly enough, I wouldn't need to wait for a new year to start.  This way I don't need to feel guilty for not achieving a goal that is unrealistic or that I have set for the sake of it (eg. I know I need to spend less money on shopping, but we all know it's not going to happen!!).  For me this year is going to be about continuous improvement- while some things may not happen at the start of this year, I aim to make this whole year a better one and there are some short, medium and long term goals that I hope I will progress on.


As most of us are probably trying to eat a bit healthier after indulging during the silly season, I thought I would share with you this super healthy breakfast concoction I have recently created, which is my adaption of a gluten and dairy-free bircher muesli.  I am calling it my 'Power Breakfast Bowl' because I have been doing some big morning exercise sessions and it has been great both pre and post-workout; I find that it keeps me satisfied until lunchtime.  All you have to do is put 1/4 cup of quinoa flakes, a tablespoon of coconut flakes, a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and a tablespoon of chia seeds in a bowl and soak overnight in 1/2 a cup of almond milk.  The next morning give it a stir and top with fruit of your choice (I like mixed berries).  Super easy and very delicious!  This travels well too, so it will make a good breakfast if you are on the go.

Yum.

Bring on 2013!  What are you looking forward to this year?



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Claire, I am a twenty-something year old girl living in Melbourne who loves anything to do with food, fashion, interiors and well being. I am constantly creating and trying new things in the pursuit of living a happy, healthy and stylish life!

Find Me On

 photo ci-2.png photo cf-2.png photo ce-1.png photo cb-1.png photo ct-1.png photo cr-1.png

Search This Blog

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Get Cinnamon & South via email

Archives

@cinnamonandsouth instagram